Want unlimited job postings for free? Become a member!
The Copywriter – Senior is responsible for creating effective, strategic and persuasive messages and marketing communication solutions across all media. Duties to include writing advertising copy from concept to completion that maintains the Independent Health brand, meets the client’s needs and stays within budget and timeframe. Checks concepts against the creative brief to ensure they meet strategic goals and objectives. Writes body copy and headlines for concepts, new projects and pre-existing jobs. Proofreads all creative materials before being submitted to client, or sent out to vendor. The individual will support the creative services department and will be responsible for concepting, writing, and proofreading layouts, revisions, proofs, presentations, web materials, mechanicals, internal communications, supplied client copy as well as existing copy. Provides copywriting and proofreading support to the RFP on custom, strategic RFP’s and on other RFP’s as appropriate. The copywriter adds value and relevance to projects, helps the creative team in developing clear, impactful messages. Partners with Account Managers and representatives to develop effective communication strategies. The Copywriter - Senior will work with the Creative Director and be responsible for presenting concepts, to be reviewed by Creative Director before proceeding to next steps.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in English, Advertising or Journalism preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience, specializing in marketing copywriting and creative problem-solving in an ad agency, or corporate marketing department required.
- Proven ability to work well independently and with other team members to develop fresh, breakthrough ideas and concepts. Proven concepting, and writing skills
- Demonstrated project development/management skills-with the ability to take projects from concept to completion.
- Understand the importance of consistency in brand and voice, and establishing and adhering to standards.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills, along with a solid knowledge of proper punctuation, spelling and grammar—exceptional attention to detail. Command of the English language, including expert understanding of at least one major style guide.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines. Ability to meet deadlines or communicate deadline deviations on a daily basis.
- Must be detail oriented
- Must possess strong communication/presentation skills
- Ability to accept constructive internal and/or client comments with regard to concepts and copy.
- Experience with Microsoft Word software
- Exhibits initiative, creativity, self-motivation and ability to work as a team player.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the company’s evolving product offerings, programs, and marketing strategies.
- Proven examples of displaying the IH values: Passionate, Caring, Respectful, Trustworthy, Collaborative and Accountable.
Please visit the Careers page at www.independenthealth.com to apply.