It was a rewarding night for the nearly 400 people who gathered at the Tralf in downtown Buffalo for the annual WNY ADDY Awards Show on Friday, March 6. The theme for the show, “See, the ADDYs are Rewarding,” was created by Buffalo agency The Martin Group and was brought to life through an array of performances throughout the night — everything from a magician, to a violinist, to roller girls handing out free ice cream. And of course, the most important rewards were handed out to those individuals and teams who won silver or gold ADDYs and special awards.
More than 375 entries were received, and the big winner of the night was Gelia, picking up the best of show award for their Queen City Roller Girls 2015 season teaser campaign. Watch our awesome judges from Baltimore, Washington D.C. and New York City decide on their choice in this video:
The full list of winners had Gelia at the top as they were awarded the most ADDYs of the night, taking home 38 awards (13 gold and 25 silver). Crowley Webb received a total of 21 awards (three gold and 18 sliver), Block Club was honored with 11 awards (eight gold and three silver), White Bicycle took away seven awards (five gold and two silver), and dPost secured six awards (four gold and two silver). Other award winners include:
- The Martin Group (one gold and eight silver)
- Paget Films (one gold and three silver)
- Quinlan (one gold and one silver)
- Karn Creative, Inc. (one gold)
- Luminus Media, LLC (one gold)
- Villa Maria College (one gold)
- Cumbo, Inc. (four silver)
- B McCrone Photography & Design (two silver)
- SKM Group (two silver)
- Cenergy (one silver)
- Eric Mower + Associates (one silver)
- Hadley Exhibits (one silver)
- JCharlier Communication Design (one silver)
- Manzella Marketing Group (one silver)
- OtherWisz Creative Corporation (one silver)
- Our Lady of Victory Homes of Charity (one silver)
- Propellerhead Media (one silver)
- Riveter Design (one silver)
- State University of New York at Fredonia (one silver)
- Telesco Creative Group (one silver)
- Visit Buffalo Niagara (one silver)
These winning entries wouldn’t be possible without the talented individuals behind them. In addition to the gold and silver awards, this year’s Special ADDY awards were also handed out. The 2015 winners include:
Tod Martin, The Martin Group – David I. Levy Communicator of the Year Award
This award was created to recognize outstanding achievement and service in the communications industry.
Kathy Kastan, Gelia – Alex Osborn Award for Creativity
Named in honor of Alex Osborn of Batten, Barton, Durstine & Osborn fame, this award recognizes individuals who, through outstanding creative achievements, have left an indelible mark on the Western New York creative community.
Independent Health Marketing Department – The Odysseus Award
The Odysseus Award was established in 2011 by the Advertising Club of Buffalo to honor a client in the Western New York market (individual or group/department) who has used the discipline of strategic marketing and advertising in an extraordinary way.
Jason Yates, Gelia – Joe Crowley Award for Service
This award recognizes not only hard work, but also outstanding achievement in furthering the activities and interests of the club.
Adina Pera, Crowley Webb – Future Star Award
This award honors an outstanding young professional in the marketing and advertising field who has demonstrated great potential in his or her early years in the industry.
The Xpedx creative use of paper award went to White Bicycle for the Andrea Nardello “Echo” CD Package. And the Best Showbook ad went to OtherWisz Creative Corporation.
College students were also included in the action. Taking home the student best of show award was Lisa Hinterberger of SUNY Fredonia for her Code Letterforms. Chad Hornberger from SUNY Buffalo State College also received two gold awards. Students each taking home one gold award included:
- Tylandt A. Doyle, St. Bonaventure University
- Maribel Avila, Alison Dyer, Kayleigh Forger, Lisa Hinterberger, Athena Kolokotronis, Anne Leue, Jon Mc Cray, Jessica Wilcox; State University of New York at Fredonia
- Lucy Norton, Villa Maria College
Student silver award winners include:
- Carl Hunley Jr., Villa Maria College
- Emma Zaremba, St. Bonaventure University
- Kerri Linsenbigler, St. Bonaventure University
- Rachel Rising, Villa Maria College
- Joe Carney, Villa Maria College
- Samantha Lonczak, Villa Maria college
A thank you once again goes out to Kristen Cronyn, this year’s show chair for her leadership, commitment and hard work to make this show possible. Also, thanks to Sarah Dipofi and Christie Witt-Berardi for leading the effort on behalf of the Martin Group team. And finally, thank you to all the volunteers who chipped in along the way. We couldn’t have done it without this great support!
To see all of this year’s winners, check out the ADDY showbook below!
2015 ADDY SHOWBOOK