Usually, when a job candidate cites a weakness as “caring too much,” we wonder what they’re hiding. But when applying to be FARM’s newest Account Executive, your rabid desire to nurture client relationships will get you one step closer to the company picnic. Besides, we all know that everyone’s real weakness is 7-layer dip.
- Primary day-to-day contact for clients and internal departments for all tactical aspects of client projects. Reviews all creative/production materials, copy, and layouts before delivering to the client.
- Responsible for profitable management of current client projects and growth by analyzing profitability of past jobs in order to efficiently estimate for upcoming jobs.
- Manages all aspects of account relationships including development of strategy and supervising tactical aspects of projects.
- Prepares client estimates and invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans.
- Handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients.
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and project managers or other relevant personnel.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Conducts/creates client briefs. Fills out Client Contact Reports for all client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel. Quickly and accurately relays Client Change Orders to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, etc.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls and emails.
- Oversees execution of approved programs. Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Informs account director regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves account director immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts through a focus on client improvement and success.
- Represents agency at industry and client/community functions.
- And all other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to interact with co-workers, vendors and clients, communicating in person or via telephone or computer. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time, use a computer monitor, keyboard and mouse.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, advertising, psychology or sociology.
- 3 years of experience in agency setting, client service role, or marketing department/team.
- Job title dependent upon years of experience.
- Does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Since 1986, FARM has been helping local and national clients grow their business, going beyond traditional advertising disciplines such as direct mail, print, and broadcast communications to cultivate true strategic partnerships through research, planning, and ideation. Our clients include retail grocers, financial institutions, insurance companies, and automotive SAAS companies, and energy providers among others. FARM offers a competitive salary and benefits in a supportive, team oriented atmosphere where we all work hard and have FUN in a culture of many perks such as casual dress and special events!