Are you a creative professional who has always had an itch to teach? If so, this is your perfect opportunity!
The Graphic Design program at Villa Maria College is seeking a part-time instructor for a junior-level Advanced Web Design course for this upcoming fall 2019 semester. Classes begin on August 26 and run through December 9, 2019.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for teaching basic web design course(s) and should have a strong background in graphic and web design, including HTML/CSS programming languages, along with Content Management System (CMS) software applications such as WordPress. All successful candidates must also be proficient with industry standard software and technologies including Adobe Creative Cloud.
This is a studio course that meets twice a week (Monday and Wednesday) from 6:00-8:30 pm for 15 weeks. A week-by-week curriculum will be supplied to the instructor, which will greatly minimize prep work. Guidance and mentoring by program professors is available.
Topics to be covered include
- Web Technologies and Concepts
- Website Architecture/Wire Frames
- HTML/CSS Basics
- Photoshop & Image Optimization
- Working with WordPress and customized themes
Applicants must possess a strong commitment to teaching with the ability to inspire and engage students. Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience at the college level.
- Master's degree (MFA or MA) in graphic design or closely related field preferred. We will accept applicants with a BFA degree;
- College-level teaching experience in graphic design preferred;
- Strong portfolio in graphic design, web design or related field;
- Strong graphic design and typographic skills a must;
- Professional experience in web design, graphic design or related field;
- Proficiency in Macintosh operating system/platform and Adobe Creative Cloud Software;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, leadership qualities and passion for teaching;
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with students.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE ON-LINE APPLICATION AT jobs.villa.edu