The Advertising Graphic Designer will work on the marketing/advertising design needs of the Buffalo Business First. The Advertising Graphic Designer will create and design BBF’s house ads and other promotional materials. The designer will maintain high standards for visual design throughout our products, with a keen eye for details pertaining to accuracy, presentation, photography, typography and graphics.
The Advertising Graphic Designer:
- Will be the lead designer on marketing, advertising, audience development and signature & custom event campaigns, including print ads, digital ads, Power Point presentations, Slides and other design elements for events, flyers, email newsletters and other collateral, from conception to execution, across all platforms.
- Work with Events Director on marketing decks and other promotional materials.
- Will have weekly responsibilities for the print edition.
- Will be responsible for creating print and digital ads following BBF’sstandards.
- Work with Events Director and Advertising Director to update site & all materials with sponsor logos.
- Will work with Market President, Editor, Advertising Director, Events Director and Audience Development Director, to create the editorial and special publications calendar and update as necessary.
- Will work with Market President, Advertising Director and Events Director, to design and create the Rate Card and update as necessary.
- Will work with Advertising Director, Events Director and Audience Development Director to create/design/implement promotional emails.
- Will split duty for Book of Lists layout/conception/completion, working in collaboration with Design Director. Main responsibilities to include advertisement dummy layout.
- Will participate in and attend BBF sponsored events & BBFJ weekly event meetings
- Will be responsible for keeping track of all ads required for the completion of the weekly product, and for checking print-ready compliance of submitted ads
- Mac OS X and extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, InCopy), HTML/CSS, and Flite
- Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Copy editing/writing skills are a big plus, as is illustration ability.
Minimum of 1 – 3 years of experience graphic design experience, and the impressive portfolio of work to show for it.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
Buffalo Business First is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable city, state or federal law.