The Assistant Creative Designer is a supporting member of the Marketing Creative Services Team, and is primarily responsible for assisting in the conceptualizing, generating, guiding and approving all creative and visual marketing elements of the brand.
• Supports the creation of storytelling, visualizing concepts, harnessing creativity and being immersed in all of the external expressions of the brand
• Reports to the Creative Manager and works closely and daily with the Creative Services Team - responsible for assisting and supporting the Creative Manager in the conceptual and actual development of ideas and ultimately guiding the production thereof.
• Liasion between the conceptual and production parts of the Creative Services Team, to ensure ideas and concepts are executed correctly.
• The role will at various times touch upon and assist in areas such as the creation of ad campaigns, printed media, digital media, photo concepts, video concepts, packaging, event branding, marketing graphics, in-store service experience, logo creation, and brand identity.
• Support the concepting and development of campaign creative, product story launches and brand initiatives
• Assist in producing high level artwork of those solutions - ready to pass off to design / production
• Assist in directing and guiding designers, photographers or 3rd parties in achieving the creative / visual concept
• Assist in the design, look and feel for campaign creative
• Contribute to developing strategy for Campaign Creative
• Present research, mood-boards, sketches and wireframes when concepting Campaign Creative.
• Work within the Conceptual Team to develop and define a brand style and a creative voice.
• Act as liasion between the conceptual and executional teams
• Assist in leading the executional team strategy required to produce campaign creative
• Assist in implementing a production process that maintains the integrity of campaign creative
• Assist in overseeing the executional teams final creative output
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Behaviors
• Possess a broad and curious creative mind interested in media / culture outside of just the direct sports arena
• An ability to mix ideas from a wide body of relevant creative references to create fresh, exciting and vibrant designs
• Proficient in the traditional Adobe graphics packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• Strong graphic design / visual design background
• Ability to translate client and business needs into visually engaging and effective design
• Produce quick concept visuals to communicate an idea, all the way up to producing final released creative assets
• Ability to contribute to ideation sessions and comfortable working very closely with the Creative Manager in realizing the various projects
• Highly organized and able to follow pre-defined conventions and processes
• Operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Experience in owning individual projects and in assisting the leading of the creative output of other teams (such as the internal photography teams or external agencies) on a project-by-project basis
• Aware of contemporary culture, sports, lifestyle, art and music
Education and Experience
• Minimum of 3 years of agency or in-house design experience working across a breadth of creative projects across multiple discipline
• Experience in a lifestyle / sports / fashion brand strongly desired
• Portfolio of creative work, exhibiting a background in digital and editorial design required
• 0% to 5%
New Era Cap Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in inclusion and does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetics, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.