The Communications Director builds the community’s understanding of the YMCA’s mission and impact. The Director develops and creates the content for the YMCA’s social media platforms, eblasts, and newsletters, and coordinates all media and public relations activities.
- Implements YMCA Buffalo Niagara's marketing and communication plans.
- Develops and creates the content for the YMCA’s social media platforms, eblasts and newsletters. Responds to requests and/or concerns delivered via the website to ensure positive communication with the general public.
- Develops and maintains external media relations. Coordinates all media and public relations activities.
- Develops pitch stories, press releases, etc. that showcase the YMCA’s mission and impact. Monitors press coverage and impact.
- Determines the content for the Annual Report, writes Annual Report articles, and writes copy for all promotional pieces.
- Creates and launches press releases.
- Develops and implements the crisis communication plan. Identifies public relations issues as they emerge and reacts appropriately.
- Develops and implements public relations plans for special events including the annual meeting, Turkey Trot, Healthy Kids Day, and other events.
- Updates and maintains YMCA Buffalo Niagara website.