The Roswell Park Alliance Foundation is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that manages all donations made to Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center. The Foundation’s mission is to maximize dollars available for the most promising lifesaving research, treatment and prevention programs, while supporting the psychosocial needs of patients and families touched by cancer. Fundraising events, initiatives, programs, individual donors and strategic partnerships throughout the year contribute to the fundraising efforts of the Foundation.
The Alliance Foundation is seeking a Content Specialist on the development marketing team who will be responsible for the creation and deployment of strategic marketing content, with a focus on patient and cancer research stories to relay the impact of donor support for both print and digital platforms. The position works closely with cross-functional teams spanning marketing, creative services, major gifts and corporate partnerships, to develop impactful, results-oriented content. The ideal candidate will have the skills, passion and experience to tell a story that will drive action and emotion and be able to translate that story to all necessary platforms, including print and digital.
Reporting: Director, Development Marketing and Communication
- Gathers, writes, edits, develops and strategically promotes accurate and timely content about the Roswell Park Alliance Foundation funded research projects, impact and Roswell Park patients touched by donor support.
- Primary point person for all marketing and communication needs for the corporate partnerships, major gift and annual fund divisions.
- Write and edit all print communication for the Alliance Foundation including print newsletters, case studies, sell sheets and the Annual Report.
- Interacts with Roswell Park researchers, doctors, and hospital marketing team regularly to gather and develop new story ideas for all platforms.
- Works closely with the marketing manager and coordinator to translate written stories to digital ad campaigns and organic social media content.
- Write scripts, voiceover and supplemental communications for any Alliance Foundation needs including the annual fund, corporate partner and major gifts divisions.
- Understands and maintains the key audiences of the Alliance Foundation and uses the information written to repurpose and target content accordingly in print, spoken and digital.
- Regularly updates content on RoswellPark.org/giving to ensure impact of Alliance Foundation is being properly communicated to Roswell Park patients and community.
- Works closely with the marketing and fundraising team to provide relevant impact and patient content to drive participation, fundraising and engagement.
- Assists Director of Development Marketing and Communication in identifying research and patient key stories for media and video storytelling.
- Works closely with marketing, fundraising and creative teams to contribute to content of all formats (written, video, images, etc.) for the Alliance Foundation and ancillary brands.
- Carries out quality assurance checks on all content.
- Ensures consistency and accuracy of all written Alliance Foundation donor and impact content.
- Prepares other written documentation as required by the collaborative teams; maintains, distributes, analyzes and projects information for required records, reports and statistics as directed.
- Degree in journalism, communications, English or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in writing
- Previous experience in nonprofit or health care industry a plus
- Strong understanding of grammar, punctuation and proofreading/editing required
- Basic understanding of digital and social media marketing.
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced, high-productive environment and have collaborative and team building skills.
Interested candidates should send their resume, letter of interest and writing samples to email@example.com by April 13, 2021.