New Era’s Headwear Design team executes creative product solutions per our Product Development merchandising plans. The team is responsible for the complete design execution of go-to-market deliverables, including tech pack and selling tool creation. As part of the Design team the Design Operations group is responsible for ensuring all aesthetic design, color, fabrics, logos and trims are translated into sales assets and production ready standards in alignment with our Product Lifecycle Management systems. The role of Coordinator, Design Operations is to deliver accurate executions of these standards and support all levels of graphic needs as necessary based on direction from the Assistant Manager, Design Operations and Product Development leadership.
- Execute program and custom graphic deliverables in relationship to adopted product designs.
- Collaborate with Merchandising team to create sales assets within time and action calendar windows.
- Work directly with Design group to build prototype tech packs for program and custom projects.
- Collaborate with Merchandising team to create various levels of single or mass tech packs.
- Work directly with Design Approval Team in submitting design concepts and reviewing/revising artwork when needed according to league/team guidelines.
- Replicate artwork across all leagues/teams with high-level speed and accuracy.
- Review pre-production samples in timely manner.
- Understand and utilize multiple New Era project tracking and product creation systems.
- Execute various miscellaneous artwork requests as required within Licensed Sports Business Unit.
- Meet or exceed timelines associated with merchandising calendars.
- Keeps all sensitive matters confidential.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of licensed sports league, team and logo rules and guidelines.
- Ability to follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Individually manage multiple projects on a daily basis while meeting established deadlines.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Represent the brand in all actions and decisions.
- Positive attitude and able to work in fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop). Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel. Experience with PLM preferred.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Technical Design or Communication Arts.
- Minimum of 1 year of graphics experience or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- Negligible (0-5%)
New Era Cap Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in inclusion and does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetics, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.