The Copywriter will lend critical support to the Creative department for copy-based creative work and ideation.
Regular full-time. This position and the tenets and specific benefits presented within it are based on full-time, exempt status.
This position is part of the Creative department and reports to the Creative Director.
- Contribute to weekly internal and client workflow updates, attend internal status meetings, and be prepared to discuss project progress.
- Foster and maintain a working relationship with 19 IDEAS team members, as well as clients.
- Liaise, communicate and manage effectively between 19 IDEAS team members and senior management.
- Proficiently use project management tools and software on a daily basis.
- Keep all workflow spaces and folders organized, with draft and final documents properly labeled and visibly edited, when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in marketing or communications is preferred. English and journalism degrees are encouraged to apply.
- 5+ years of proven writing experience in an advertising or marketing role. Agency experience is preferred.
- Must have a portfolio of published work for review to be submitted, including 3 writing samples across a variety of clients and mediums such as traditional and digital advertising, websites, social media, and blogs.
- Experience with digital and social media, video scripting, SEO, advertising, marketing and web writing is preferred.
- Understand the importance of consistency in brand and voice, adhering to brand and tone standards and following brand style guidelines.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills, along with a solid knowledge of proper punctuation, spelling and grammar, with proven cases of exceptional attention to detail.
- Have a keen sense for “visual” copywriting, as it relates to character counts and size parameters for all design work.
- Strong command of the English language, including expert understanding of at least one industry-standard style guide; most recent AP preferred.
- Demonstrate effective management of simultaneous projects that vary in size and scope in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment while meeting deadlines and staying on budget.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as project management and hour-tracking databases.
In addition to specific skills described, 19 IDEAS expects the following from all of its employees:
- Work with purpose, and help communicate this company motto to clients, partners and other stakeholders.
- Passion for your work and your career, and a demonstrated commitment to quality.
- Enthusiasm for innovation and creating new products, and a willingness to learn.
- Strong self-discipline with the ability and desire to work with a team and/or independently on multiple tasks across multiple projects.
- Dependability, resourcefulness, and ability to meet hard deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and sharp problem-solving skills.
- Personable and customer-service oriented at all times.
- Stable under pressure, reacts well to change and stays positive.
- Excellent organization and written/verbal communication skills.