You can’t possibly imagine the number of copywriter applications we get without a cover letter. Or, even worse, a lousy one. Mouthwatering portfolio aside, your opening salvo is an opportunity to dial up the curb appeal that blooms with possibility while reducing your competitors to a forgettable parade of lowborn typists.
Then, show us what you’re made of.
Show us you can write with the crispness of a communion wafer and a daring that sends the congregation fumbling for their rosaries.
Show us you can write with a gift for efficiency without stripping the message of its succulence.
Show us you can write with nouns so convincing they don’t need a flurry of adjectives to make their point.
This is no time for creative impotence.
We’re looking for a copywriter whose work throws us into a Pentecostal fit of delight. So, if you think you can change the color of our mood ring, don’t be bashful.
It might just be the most important CTA you’ll ever write.
- Write relevant and compelling copy across all channels, including digital, social, video, print, radio, outdoor, broadcast, and trade show.
- Write comfortably for both B2B and B2C audiences.
- Review provided strategic and tactical input (briefs, change orders, etc.) and be prepared to discuss the client’s challenges and potential solutions at formal or informal meetings.
- Participate in project input meetings, WIPs, presentation planning, and rehearsals.
- Participate in the development of creative concepts and communication materials for external clients and agency marketing.
- Collaborate with other writers, designers, creative directors, project managers, and account staff.
- Ensure all writing fulfills assignment deliverables while meeting client brand standards and guidelines.
- Participate in client presentations, not just reading proposed copy, but speaking to its relevance and impact.
- Maintain an active dialogue with all team members on a project to ensure goals are met.
- Meet deadlines, without exception.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Stay up to date on clients’ industries, brand standards, and service/product knowledge.
- With the assistance of the executive creative director, pursue training opportunities to further refine skills.
- Adhere to project schedules and track actual versus estimated hours on jobs.
- Complete daily time sheets.
- Does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Since 1986, FARM has been helping local and national clients grow their business, going beyond traditional advertising disciplines such as direct mail, print, and broadcast communications to cultivate true strategic partnerships through research, planning, and ideation. Our clients include retail grocers, financial institutions, insurance companies, and automotive SAAS companies, and energy providers among others. FARM offers a competitive salary and benefits in a supportive, team oriented atmosphere where we all work hard and have FUN.