Location: Ballantyne, NC, Menomonee Falls, WI, or Getzville, NY.
The Manager, Digital Marketing will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and managing the overall digital marketing strategy for Columbus McKinnon. The Manager, Digital Marketing is responsible to ensure that Columbus McKinnon (CMCO) achieves and maintains a leadership in use of digital tools to drive end user and channel engagement, enhance the customer experience through better access to information, selection of products and management of the digital customer requests, strengthen the brand messaging and creates consistency in CMCO digital targeted marketing. Lead the CMCO’s digital Marketing transformation related to demand gen, marketing and sales qualified lead process, especially savvy with regard content marketing, building online communities with a high level of engagement, working with distribution partners to amplify messaging, and managing and prioritizing work to meaningful and impactful KPIs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop effective digital marketing strategies that optimize audience acquisition and engagement metrics across related markets.
- Serve as internal digital marketing thought leader; helping to identify digital marketing trends, new technologies, evolving best practices, competitor activity, and testing opportunities that help drive the business.
- Ensures timely and effective execution of digital marketing tactics and programs which can also be regionalized and implemented internationally.
- Maintain highest level of optimization by constantly seeking optimization and growth through performance analysis, customer segmentation, landing page optimization, etc.
- Optimize search results using organic and paid search. Conduct keyword analysis, research and copy writing. Convert search engine and web visits to leads
- Implements strategies for digital marketing programs, including supporting SEO/SEM and PPC metrics and social engagement.
- Implements strategies and tactics for our website and supports efforts related to content and structure for our PIM, distributor portals, and WEBDAM.
- Leverage in-depth analytics reporting to scale data-driven, multi-channel marketing efforts.
- Develops and maintains KPI dashboards and/or regular reports to keep teams and Executives informed on the return of ad spend, overall marketing performance and to help inform the balance of spend per channel and success metrics.
- Research/pilot new digital channels to position brands as leaders in the online/digital arena.
- Develop and manage multi-platform digital marketing campaigns
- Plan and execute the company’s online marketing, mobile and social media strategy for all brands
- Ensure all digital marketing efforts maintain the CMCO voice and adhere to brand standards.
- Maintain a social media calendar for multiple product lines
- Evaluate participation in emerging social media platforms based on strategy and objectives.
- Helps implement content strategies to drive traffic to Columbus McKinnon and affiliate websites. Supports the US digital marketing program including email, paid search, social and digital re-targeting programs.
- Supports brand advertising that promotes awareness and engagement with target consumers. Helps to build plans in alignment with brand marketing strategies, implements campaigns, and reports performance.
- Collaborates with writers to create high quality, engaging, content marketing.
- Collaborates with international partners in Europe, Latin America, and Asia/Pacific.
- Drives development of the annual digital marketing budget; production, media, paid search, and other expenditures to comply with organizational financial objectives.
- Manages department expenses, ensuring all invoices are provided to Finance/Accounting, signed off and paid on time, communicate spend pacing and accrual needs.
- Lead cross-functional teams to solve complex design and development challenges as related to CMCO’s digital marketing efforts. Actively work with multiple stakeholders to implement the digital tools strategy
- Global Product Management
- Marketing and Communications
- IT support at local and corporate levels
- Inside and outside sales teams
- Support implementation of on-line product configuration, quotation and order management tools (Compass and all future variations)
- Gather and ensure critical data is provided to core digital tools databases securely
- Compass (Platform used may change over time)
- Product Information Management (PIM), SAP or current business management system
- Content Management System (CMS – Episerver or equivalent)
- Customer Relations Management (CRM – Salesforce or equivalent)
- Proactively prioritize and guide CRM campaign management tool system enhancements and introduce new capabilities to meet emerging business needs.
- Partner with IS team to ensure customer data meets the quality and standards that allows for execution of successful, effective, and efficient data management and marketing campaigns, including data cleansing, feed management, process development, and trouble shooting.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering, or related field (or equivalent knowledge/experience)
- 7+ years’ experience working with marketing digital tools in support of product sales and service (sales and/or marketing, engineering, customer service, ERP integration of tools and post-sale services)
- VOC proven experience
- Proven expertise in Google Ads, SEO, Content Creation, Website Conversion Optimization and A/B Testing, and Video Marketing
- Highly organized and able to manage many different concurrent priorities and projects
- Proven track record of digital marketing success including testimonials from previous clients and/or employers
- CRM experience (Sales Force)
- Experience with E-commerce implementation and management
- Web design and website best practices experience
- Familiarity with ASANA project management tool or similar tool
- Experience with Demand Gen KPIs and related productivity tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A collaborative and innovative spirit with a strong desire and motivation to continually learn and improve
- MBA or Marketing master’s degree desirable
- Supervisory Experience; experience managing and building a successful team.
- International and domestic travel is necessary to meet peer groups, customers, partners and attend external conferences.
- Travel Percentage <30%
About Columbus McKinnon:
We design and make material handling products and solutions, but the most important part of our business is our people. We have been a hard working company for over 140 years – proud of our heritage, where we come from, and where we’re going. As Columbus McKinnon grows, so does our need for driven and inspired employees. We are publicly traded and expanding globally – to new markets, geographies, and distribution channels. Join our winning team!
- Columbus McKinnon Corporation promotes a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes. We also value the safety of all associates and work hard to maintain a Drug Free Workplace.