The Director of Business Development and Agency Marketing (DBDAM) will have the main responsibility of developing and cultivating new business opportunities for FARM outside of existing client relationships. The DBDAM will generate opportunities for the agency, with a focus on: prospecting; generating research, intel, and qualifying prospects; nurturing leads; and working with agency leadership in the process to close new business. In addition, the DBDAM will be responsible for marketing FARM to the appropriate audiences through an omni-channel approach to generate potential new business leads.
- Develop new business strategy and develop an overall marketing plan for the agency.
- Generate, qualify and nurture leads through the sales process.
- Manage all aspects of agency outreach including agency personnel, creative and messaging to engage prospects, with collaboration from key agency leaders.
- Oversee and collaborate with appropriate agency staff on proposals and pitches to close business.
- Develop and nurture relationships within key industries that can generate viable business leads (search consultants, industry trade groups, etc.)
- Research potential accounts, identify key players, and generate interest through active targeted outreach across all agency industries and markets
- Build and maintain top-tier new business prospect lists within key target groups specific to FARM's strengths
- Conduct thorough qualification work and understand prospect challenges/opportunities
- Participate in responding to RFIs and RFPs, including facilitating FARM Go/No Go decisions on opportunities
- Source new sales opportunities through outbound cold calls/emails, inbound use of data, networking, marketing opportunities, industry events, website, and social platforms
- Maintain and actively manage all lead-nurturing efforts through the lead funnel
- Add value throughout the entire sales process from start to finish (e.g., secure meetings/opportunities, lead proposals and presentation development, and close new business)
- Develop and manage agency marketing, social media, and content development strategy with input from key stakeholders
- Maintain new and existing relationships network through LinkedIn and other social networking sites
- Research industry trends and keep up with current events to recognize opportunities for clients and prospects
- Provide ongoing reporting to key stakeholders
- Manage and update contact management system, which includes tracking any and all new business leads, contacts, opportunities, and account contact information
- Manage new business project coordinator (and any other team members added)
- Utilize agency resources to develop new business materials and tools
- Take part in continual training programs
- Oversee research and knowledge development (e.g., attend internal/external training, read marketing books/articles, route periodicals, interact with client teams, etc.)
- Maintain and expand professional knowledge and skills relating to job responsibilities
- Foster workplace environment from new business and agency marketing that is consistent with the values and visions of the agency
- Complete daily timesheet
- Assist with others on team when requested or as required
- And all other duties as assigned by your supervisor
- 10+ years of demonstrated success in a business development and/or lead generation position
- Experience selling and marketing professional services or a solution-based offering, most preferably in marketing services (consulting, full-service agency, digital agency, research organization, marketing services, or marketing technology)
- General understanding of advertising, branding, marketing communications, and/or research at a base level
- Experience in any of the following industries is a plus: automotive, financial services, insurance, B2B technology, or retail
- Existing portfolio of relationships and proven ability to build such relationships; a healthy contact list/professional network in any of the above industries is a plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset and self-starter, who can quickly learn about FARM and successfully represent the agency in an eloquent way
- Strong presentation, communication, and writing skills are required
- Attention to detail with strong organizational, interpersonal, and management skills
- Detailed, in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Bryan LeFauve – CEO
- Position will involve necessary travel (overnight stays may be required) and flexible hours to meet the needs/demands of each project
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to interact with co-workers, vendors and clients, communicating in person or via telephone or computer. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time, use a computer monitor, keyboard and mouse.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
FARM does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Since 1986, FARM has been helping local and national clients grow their business through traditional and progressive marketing and advertising. Our clients include retail grocers, financial institutions, insurance companies, automotive SAAS companies, and energy providers among others. FARM offers a competitive salary, benefits, a hybrid work environment, and other perks—all within a company culture that’s inclusive and energetic. Visit growwithfarm.com to experience our fresh perspective.