The Director of Channel Strategy is an expert with the knowledge and experience to develop strategic channel plans that stitch audience insights with media behavior to facilitate an omnichannel experience that solves for client business challenges.
- Work with our strategists and client service staff to understand client business, marketing and sales goals to align channel strategy recommendations to achieve those goals.
- Lead the media discipline holistically, expanding our media approach and thinking beyond traditional methodologies, seeing the media landscape as a single entity versus a split between old and new school.
- Develop out-of-the box strategy and thinking that inspires the team and impacts the overall strategy and creative output.
- Deliver innovative recommendations for growth to clients and inspire action.
- Synthesize information to provide thoughtful and well-written conclusions on which to develop a marketing and branding plan for the client.
- Collaborate and share content with the extended team in a manner that allows for an efficient and effective transfer of knowledge and inspiration.
- Compile/conduct research for client teams as needed, which may include competitive data, emerging opportunities, and consumer insights.
- Actively participate in development, implementation and execution of media programs for the agency and its clients.
- Engaged around client needs and activities in the market and able to work with clients to establish business goals and objectives as required.
- Participate in new business development efforts as needed to provide media/channel expertise and perspective.
- Validate our collective impact in the marketplace.
- Continually monitor trends and developments in the industry, keeping management up to speed on what's new, what's changed, what we should be considering and why.
- Act as discipline lead, leveraging existing strategic frameworks to guide clients and the internal team in setting channel strategy.
- Distill business objectives, market data, consumer research, brand/category/channel/product knowledge into a strategic plan that guides channel recommendations, including budget, efficiency of spend, attribution and ROI, cross-channel reach and frequency and creative placement opportunities.
- Build, implement and maintain integrated media plans that are insightful and deliver against client goals.
- Actively participate in the planning, buying and campaign execution process and identify opportunities for innovation and improvement.
- Pull audience and data insights with regard to planning and channel recommendations.
- Deliver persuasive recommendations, strategies and findings both written and in person.
- Unearth meaningful business/brand/consumer insights that drive downstream channel recommendations for creative/messaging.
- Provide recommendations for deeper, smarter, more efficient analysis of data and research methodology that powers channel strategy, including quantitative, qualitative, secondary research and user segmentation/persona development.
- Deliver strategic clarity, inspiration and direction everyday regardless of client brand, agency discipline or title.
- Offer a strategic voice for clients across all channels.
- Develop, write, and bring key insights to life in major presentations to the client.
- Contribute to the evolution of the creative brief and other frameworks.
- Provide insight generation and development.
- Test new approaches when it comes to channel strategy, with digital in particular.
- Create internal and client facing POVs on media opportunities.
- Mentor staff to ensure that methods, policies, processes, procedures and techniques are understood and consistently used.
- Negotiate media contracts on behalf of the agency considering the needs of each client.
- Establish and maintain effective media methods, policies, processes, procedures and techniques for research, planning, buying and post-buy reconciliation.
- Use media-marketing data to aid in client planning and agency new business planning.
- Develop and maintain vendor and media rep relationships.
- Monitor workload and prioritize assignments as necessary; utilize available resources to meet deadlines and delivery dates, while monitoring budget parameters
- Manage all aspects of the media process for assigned accounts, beginning with research and planning, negotiating and buying, billing and reconciliation and through post analysis.
- Complete daily timesheet
- Continue to increase knowledge and skills relating to job responsibilities.
- It is paramount you to create a positive environment by being a “FARM Advocate” always presenting FARM in a positive light to the media, employees, clients, vendors and all other stakeholders you may come in contact with
- Other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to interact with co-workers, vendors and clients, communicating in person or via telephone or computer. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time, use a computer monitor, keyboard and mouse.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Minimum ten years experience with media strategy and planning responsibilities.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Able to work autonomously with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, in a deadline-driven environment.
- Proven planning/strategy background and strong consultative skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and information-seeking skills
- Highly collaborative team player
- Experience in creating and presenting presentations.
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative consumer research
- Demonstrated experience interpreting both B2B and B2C strategic plans and designing and implementing channel/media programs in support of those plans, including:
- Gathering information from all sources including account executives, clients, research resources and media outlets
- Developing overall plans, tactics, budgets and schedules
- Buying network, syndication, national, regional and local media
- An understanding of when each tactic is used and how to best succeed in each.
- Ability to manage and lead a diverse group of individuals across agency structure.
- Professional, persistent and responsive vendor contact/management skills
- Attention to detail; strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills.
- Hands-on experience with relevant, industry-specific software applications, tools or websites used for research, planning, buying and management of media programs; Strata, Workamajig, Excel and Word experience preferred.
- Does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Since 1986, FARM has been helping local and national clients grow their business, going beyond traditional advertising disciplines such as direct mail, print, and broadcast communications to cultivate true strategic partnerships through research, planning, and ideation. Our clients include retail grocers, financial institutions, insurance companies, and automotive SAAS companies, and energy providers among others. FARM offers a competitive salary and benefits in a supportive, team oriented atmosphere where we all work hard and have FUN in a culture of many perks such as casual dress and special events!