Event Photography Internship Opportunity – summer 2019
BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York, headquartered in Buffalo, is one of New York's leading health care companies, providing high quality coverage and innovative wellness solutions to members throughout our region. We strive to impact positive and healthy changes in our communities and we’re looking for team-spirited, motivated, and enthusiastic people to create opportunities to help us succeed in our mission.
- Assist Creative Services team in attending company-sponsored events to creatively document the member experience
- Assist with archiving and tagging of photos, and post-event wrap-ups
- Edit photos in Photoshop/Lightroom
- Maintain the BlueCross BlueShield brand standards by studying existing photos, and following the corporate style guide
- Continue to grow and expand the brand, maintaining quality and consistency
- Represent BlueCross BlueShield in a professional manner at all times
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
• It’s preferred that the candidate has their own camera equipment that they are highly familiar with
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Self-motivating personality, eager to succeed
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with exceptional time management
- Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Junior level student pursuing an undergraduate degree in Photography
- Adobe Bridge, Photoshop and Lightroom experience
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Organizing work effectively, conceptualizing and prioritizing objectives
- Critical and analytical thinking processes
- Having a creative and artistic mindset
- Photography and photo editing experience
- Working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and a drive for perfection
- Being passionate about the design process
- Required to be on your feet for several hours and in different environments (indoors, outdoors, inclement weather)
- Manual dexterity with camera
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty (20) pounds if necessary (equipment, signage, etc.)
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye, including close vision, distance vision, ability to distinguish colors, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and peripheral vision.
- While attentive to schedule flexibility, must be able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- A link to your photography portfolio must be supplied as part of your application.
This internship presents the following Learning Objectives:
- A clearer understanding of the function and operation of an in-house creative team for a large corporation.
- An understanding of BlueCross BlueShield Association branding guidelines and internal style guides.
- Opportunity to develop and utilize photography and/or video skills in a corporate environment.
- How to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of management.
Job Duties may include the following:
- Shoot original photography at member and corporate events
- Organize and maintain photo library including tagging images, producing wrap-ups of events, retouching as needed
Required Skills and experience:
- Students beginning their senior year in the fall of 2019 enrolled in a 4-year program in Photography and/or video.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of the Macintosh operating system, Adobe Creative Cloud applications (especially Bridge, Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere). Working knowledge of PC and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced environment and handle multiple responsibilities and changing priorities within a tight timeframe.
Please apply online at bcbswny.com/careers