Graphic Design/Multimedia Internship
BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York, headquartered in Buffalo, is one of New York's leading health care companies, providing high quality coverage and innovative wellness solutions to members throughout our region. We strive to impact positive and healthy changes in our communities and we’re looking for team-spirited, motivated, and enthusiastic people to create opportunities to help us succeed in our mission.
The Graphic Design/Multimedia Intern will work closely with the Creative Services team and the Manager of Creative Services on projects including,
but not limited to, assisting with photo and video shoots, as well as creating and editing print design projects.
This is a paid opportunity for the fall of 2019, with flexible weekly hours, and some weekend hours may be required. The student must be
able to work a minimum of 8 - 10 hours per week (but could potentially work up to 24 hours per week) at our corporate headquarters located
in downtown Buffalo.
This internship presents the following Learning Objectives:
• A clearer understanding of the function and operation of an in-house creative team for a large corporation.
• An understanding of BlueCross BlueShield Association branding guidelines and internal style guides.
• Participation in a wide range of creative/design initiatives for internal and external clients.
• Opportunity to develop and utilize design, photography and/or video skills in a corporate environment.
• How to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of management.
Job Duties may include the following:
• Create or edit design layouts for both print and social media.
• Assist team members on photo and video shoots and post-production.
Required Skills and experience:
• Students in their senior year in the fall of 2019 enrolled in a 4-year program in Graphic Design, preferred with a minor in photography
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of the Macintosh operating system, Adobe Creative Cloud applications (especially InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere). Working knowledge of PC and Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work independently in fast-paced environment and handle multiple responsibilities and changing priorities within a tight timeframe.
Please apply online at bcbswny.com/careers