Are you a creative professional who has always had an itch to teach? If so, this is your perfect opportunity!
The Fashion Design program at Villa Maria College is seeking part-time instructors for this upcoming fall 2019 semester, which begins on August 26 and runs through December 9, 2019.
The ideal candidate(s) will be responsible for teaching either a fashion illustration, fashion communication and/or a flat pattern-making course. These courses run for 15 weeks and scheduled at the following times:
Flat- Pattern Making Tuesday/Thursday 8:15-10:45 AM
Fashion Illustration Tuesday/Thursday 12:15-2:45 PM
Fashion Communication Tuesday/Thursday 3:15-5:45 PM
Applicants must possess a strong commitment to teaching with the ability to inspire and engage students. Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience at the college level.
- Master's degree (MFA or MA) in Fashion Design & Merchandising or closely related field preferred; Bachelors Degree will be highly considered;
- College-level teaching experience preferred;
- Strong portfolio in Fashion Design or related field;
- Professional experience in Fashion Design or related field;
- Knowledge of textiles, CAD, and fashion illustration;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, leadership qualities and passion for teaching;
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with students;
PLEASE COMPLETE THE ON-LINE APPLICATION AT jobs.villa.edu