Mongoose is looking for a freelance graphic designer to support design needs from February - June 2021. This role will include a variety of fun and challenging projects ranging from brand development to website maintenance to fully integrated digital marketing campaigns. You will deliver polished creative for our overarching Mongoose brand as well as our suite of products. This opportunity is perfect for a skilled and experienced designer with a wide range of work experience across digital and print mediums. Your experience should allow you to ask the right questions when requests are submitted from other departments and to deliver clear strategic solutions in a fast-paced environment. You will work within a multidisciplinary team to develop and create design solutions that are sleek, intuitive, and functional for internal and external purposes.
- Collaborate with other marketing team members to design projects from start to finish (from concept to execution)
- Design work includes, creating new and revising existing: individual collateral, blog and social media images and layout, design of email campaign templates, RFP layout, digital advertisements, website design, including building and editing landing pages, website pages, interactive content (surveys, polls, quizzes, infographics), and calls to action.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all projects
- Liaise with project teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools
- Demonstrated range in graphic design skills with a stellar portfolio to showcase
- 3-5+ years of experience with a degree in Graphic, Digital, or New Media Design
- Ability to work with a team to transform our team’s vision into final deliverables
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Experience in producing online display advertising and animated ads (a plus)
- Print production capabilities
- Proficiency with Adobe CS – Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- Basic HTML and CSS skills for altering website templates and emails
- Must understand web and print design principles and when to use each (i.e., RGB vs. CMYK, inches vs. pixels)
- Experience in creating motion graphics and video editing skills (a plus)
- Experience delivering projects in Google formats (Slides, Docs, Sheets) is preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to self-manage and self-start
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are
Mongoose is a thought leader in the higher ed industry - focused on improving the way colleges and universities communicate by publishing relevant content and sharing best practices. Our mission is to revolutionize the way higher education institutions engage, motivate, and grow individuals and communities.
Our product, Cadence, is a cloud-hosted texting platform that colleges purchase to create and manage texting conversations with their constituents - including prospective and current students, alumni, donors, and families.
Our product, Harmony, is an intelligent chatbot that colleges purchase to effortlessly guide website visitors to the right content, captures lead information, and routes conversations to the appropriate staff.
Our values define us.
EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.