The Graphic Designer is responsible for the visual identity of the College in all internal and external communications and marketing. Depending on the qualifications of the applicant, the title and responsibilities of this position may be expanded. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the strategic planning and operational implementation of: internal communication, marketing, visuals for website and digital media, brand development, Admissions communication support, Development communication support, as well as reporting and assessment of Communication at the College. This position works on a team with the Communications Specialist who oversees the web, social media, and public relations. Under the direction of the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Operations, the Designer will develop and execute processes and projects to promote the College, facilitate strong internal communication within the College, and assist the College meet its strategic goals through various communication responsibilities.
- Internal Communication
- Facilitate strong visual communications for internal constituents.
- Help to manage the support of College constituents in effective communication and the production of communication related materials.
- Develop, maintain, and educate College constituents on communication, brand standards, and related expectations.
- Help to manage College marketing with the goal of promoting the College brand, enhance enrollment, and build support for support of the College.
- Public relations
- Collaboratively help manage public relations of the College, by developing strong connections in the local community through press, sponsorships, media opportunities, etc.
- Web and Digital Media
- Assist with the management of and provide design work for the College website, digital media channels, digital marketing, etc,
- Brand Development
- Help to strategically manage brand development for the College, including but not limited to brand promotion, monitoring, standards, education, etc.
- Admissions Communication
- Support the communication efforts of the Admissions areas to meet enrollment goals through: digital, print, collateral, event support, and other means. Be part of the Admissions communication planning.
- Development Communication
- Provide moderate support to the communication efforts of the Development area to meet fundraising goals through: print, collateral, event support, and other means.
- Serve as the managing editor of Vistas.
- Reporting and Assessment of Communication
- Provide an annual report on activity.
- Evaluate individual communication efforts by determining ROI.
- Assist the VPEO in managing the PR/Marketing budget.
- Support the mission and objectives of the College
- Serve on the committees of the College when needed.
- Participate in College functions.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the mission of the College.
- Minimum requirement of a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, English or related field and a minimum of two (2) years related experience.
- Experience in Design or Marketing; preferably working in a Higher Education setting.
- Proven writing and editing skills in a variety of types of writing (for print, web, ad, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize and work independently, and adhere to deadlines is required. Should have strong interpersonal skills, be creative, and be self-starter.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook are required.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe creative software.
- Ability in WordPress Content Management System software for website development.
- Understanding of the mission and values of the college and communicate/portray those in all materials.
- Demonstrated planning ability.
- Strong project management skills.
- Knowledge of basic budgeting and fiscal management.
- Experience in a creative environment.