Block Club is the branding and strategy agency that wants better. Based in Buffalo, Block Club works to build and strengthen brands for forward-thinking companies and organizations.
We’re looking for a talented designer to join our team to execute on the visual design of branding, strategy, content marketing, and social media projects for our clients. The designer will work alongside the senior-level design team, reporting to an art director and creative director.
Block Club's next graphic designer should:
- Have 1–3 years design experience at an agency or in a relevant industry and the ability to create smart and compelling work in identity design, strategic brand design, layout of ads and print collateral, social media content creation, digital ads, website and email layout, etc.
- Have excellent design skills at or above the skill level demonstrated in Block Club’s portfolio at blockclub.co/work.
- Have a strong handle on the technical and experiential differences between print and digital designs, and an expert eye for typography, color, and layout.
- Be highly proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud programs, including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to create thoughtful, beautifully crafted work for long-term branding projects as well as fast-paced social media content projects.
- Be skilled with photo editing and creating basic motion graphics using Adobe After Effects.
- Be abreast of current and upcoming design trends.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job duties include:
- Participating in brainstorming sessions for brand and campaign development, social media marketing projects, and agency strategies.
- Designing and developing world-class, eye-catching creative that meets the business objectives of our clients.
- Collaborating closely with the creative team to take projects from brainstorm to concept to finish.
- Leading the print management and final production of your work with our print vendors.
- Take a leading role in the ongoing creation of Block Club’s internal marketing materials according to Block Club’s brand standards.
Block Club is a small company, so everyone rolls up their sleeves and gets their hands dirty.
If you're the perfect fit, you have a love for design and are always able and willing to get stuff done. You're constantly improving yourself and your personal and work skill sets. You're honest and have an incredible work ethic. You're an articulate visionary who can not only see the big picture, but can inspire and connect with co-workers and other collaborators to execute the little things. You have experience in a design or marketing-related field, and you know how to think. You may even have a bit of an entrepreneurial spirit. You're a creative who understands that the projects you will be working on will have a direct impact on our clients and their brands. Most importantly, you’re a great team player. This is a demanding job, so real motivation is required to thrive.
Benefits include PTO, health insurance, disability and life insurance, 401k match, and participation in Block Club's Residency Program (sabbatical).
If you’re interested in joining the team at Block Club and feel like you’d be a good fit, please tell us your story and why you’re the best candidate in 500 words or less. Send it along with your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be in touch if we’re interested in setting up an interview.