Hatchets and Hops is expanding and looking for someone unique to join our crew! Our business is dedicated to throwing axes and drinkin’ beer… what more could you want in a profession? H+H is searching for an individual that is endlessly enthusiastic, flexible, and open to exploring new ideas and opportunities to showcase the fun stuff that we do on a day to day basis.
We go against the grain here and are looking for someone to push the boundaries, bring innovative ideas, be open to failure, own the role, and someone who doesn’t take themselves too seriously. We left the corporate world to create a space where ideas are supported and initiative is paramount to success.
If you are ready to put yourself out there and ready for a new and exciting challenge, we might just be the place for you.
The Graphics & Social Media Specialist will assist the Marketing Manager in conceptualizing and creating content to aid our marketing efforts which can range from poster design to digital ads and social media content. This role will be integral in continually spreading the word about opportunities to throw, events, and other general exciting things that we want to share with our community. Our brand is growing, and we need someone excited to help get this info out efficiently, on-brand, and in a manner that is authentic.
- Prepare effective and appealing print and digital advertisements/copy/content that compliments our brand image.
- Draft mockups of print and digital collateral, social media graphics, and any other marketing materials required (signage, banners, tablecloths, giveaway items, posters, brochures, advertisements, etc.).
- Design email templates via third-party software (Mailchimp, Stripe, BeePro, etc.).
- Maintain the integrity of the Hatchets and Hops brand including logos, likenesses, images, and all written content (whether in print or online).
Social Media & Content Marketing:
- Responsible for creating graphics to maintain and grow H&H’s social media presence across all major platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin).
- Ensures all content is consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone.
- Optimize content for search and user experience for all channels including social media, email, website, mobile, and video.
- Create marketing copy to assist in advertising our company and services.
- Assist in building out a content calendar for all 3 H&H locations.
- Collect and report data on social media metrics.
- Proven graphic design experience.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with social media post scheduling software.
- Great working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite - specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, and InDesign.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Writing experience is a plus.
- BA in relevant educational field.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- 1+ years of professional experience overseeing social media channels, preferably for a lifestyle or hospitality brand.
- 2+ years of professional content creation experience.
- Photography & video skills are a definite plus but not required.
- Opportunities for professional development.
Hatchets and Hops provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hatchets and Hops complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Hatchets and Hops expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hatchets and Hops employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.