Mirror Matter is seeking a Junior Art Director to support and assist the Creative Team. You need to be a self-motivated designer with an ability to blend your aesthetic to a variety of B2B and B2C clientele. This position reports directly to one of two Creative Directors at the agency on a number of branding projects including print and web design, social media, brand development and more. In place of years of professional experience, what makes you best qualified for this position is creative energy, grit and ambition.
- Collaborate closely with the Creative Team to brainstorm and concept comprehensive brand campaigns.
- Execute design tasks based on creative briefs.
- Extend print collateral and web design while working within existing brand guidelines.
- Image editing and retouching.
- Develop new brands while collaborating with designers and copywriters.
- Source images for design team reference.
- Create new brands and visually reimagine existing brands.
- Package all necessary art files for vendor release.
- Provide design team support by preparing and organizing design template files.
- Manage several tasks at once.
- Hit deadlines.
- Four-year degree in design concentration.
- Thorough understanding and ability to execute within Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Working knowledge of After Effects is a plus.
- Must be able to execute several design projects within client budget and timeline.
- Understanding of printing processes.
- Knowledge of Google Documents.
- Must be open to both full-time and contract work.
- Bright, proactive, attentive, conscientious.