Department: Institutional Advancement
Official Title: Marketing and Digital Media Specialist
Organization unit/department: Marketing & Communications
Title of immediate supervisor: Executive Director of Marketing / dotted line: Web Marketing Manager
Purpose of this position: To play a large role in institutional video and photography content creation for Daemen College, and to curate and manage key social media accounts
Tasks / duties performed:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of social media for the official Daemen College accounts under the guidance of M&C management, including but not limited to: content calendars and strategies for each channel, creation and curation of content, posting of content and engagement with responses, escalation of responses or issues as needed, and strategies to increase online engagement with the brand. Channels include: Daemen Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flickr, and others as assigned or necessary.
- Conduct social media trainings and develop guidance and resources for key departments and divisions
- As assigned, capture photo images for promotion of campus events, use within social media and the website, M&C efforts and other purposes.
- As assigned, capture and edit internal video content that meets the needs and strategic priorities of the institution.
- In partnership with M&C management and other resources (e.g., a student assistant) maintain an asset archive for photo and video content that is searchable, easy to use and up-to-date within an agreed upon structure.
- In partnership with M&C management and other resources (e.g., a student assistant) assist with prioritizing, scheduling, and follow up on institutional photography and video requests.
- As needed, be a liaison/brand steward with external professional photographers and videographers.
- Support all Marketing & Communications and Enrollment activities, as requested.
- As needed, serve as a back-up on updating the institutional website.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree is required. BS degree in Marketing, Digital media or relevant field
Required Competencies: Candidate should have a proven work history in marketing, including experience managing and executing social media strategy as a Digital media specialist or Digital marketing manager type role. Candidate must have a strong working knowledge and passion for social media and content creation. Solid knowledge of Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, Audacity or other media and photo editing software. Experience with visual communication principles. Familiarity with web design and content management systems. Excellent analytical and project management skills. Attention to detail and an ability to develop social media strategy related to department goals, multitask, and perform under tight deadlines. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Additional qualification in web design or animation is a plus
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, energetic, flexible, creative, proactive with new ideas and able to collaborate effectively with multiple departments. He or she will be self-motivated and have exceptional organizational and time management skills.
Position is full time, exempt, twelve months and may require evening and weekend hours.
This is a full-time position. Benefits are available the first of the month following the full-time employee's date of hire and include health, dental, vision insurance, and fully paid life insurance. In addition, we offer fully paid long term disability insurance after 3 months of employment. Eligibility for the 403b retirement plan is available to full-time employees upon hire and an 8%employer match after one year of service. Excellent time off benefits for holidays, vacation and personal time is included. Tuition waiver benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Daemen College is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications from women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities and candidates who will contribute to and support the cultural fluency and diversity of our campus.
Apply directly at: https://daemen.applicantpro.com/jobs/1190611.html