Quinlan, a 34-year digital agency located in downtown Buffalo, NY, is seeking a full-time Media Planner to join our team of proven marketing and creative professionals. We are seeking an individual who is entrepreneurial in nature and excited to own their role within a dynamic agency. The Media Planner role is an important one at Quinlan, their input makes a large impact on the image and reputation of our clients and our company.
This role is responsible for developing the media strategies and media plans for agency clients. This includes researching, recommending, negotiating, facilitating, and maintaining all media budgets for social, paid search, and other forms of digital media. The Media Planner plays a vital role in the preparation of a media analysis for presentations and will conduct media, industry, or company research to develop accurate strategic advertising and marketing plans for our clients. Ideally, this person has a desire to grow within the position and provide media stewardship to the rest of the agency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Communication or related field
- At least two years of related industry experience
- Strong understanding of contemporary media and technology
- A firm understanding and utilization of media research
- Excellent planning abilities, particularly in programmatic, video, paid search and social
- Continued awareness of the latest social media and advertising trends
- Superior negotiation skills needed to guarantee great pricing and audience reach
- Works well under pressure, thriving under tight deadlines
- Can easily work with a wide range of people, including clients and internal staff
- Has a thorough understanding of media-related KPIs (CTR, CPC, CPA, etc.) and understands what metrics to use based on the marketing objectives
- Experience developing SEO strategies and making optimization recommendations when appropriate
- Some experience working on email marketing campaigns in platforms such as MailChimp
- Negotiates and prepares media contracts and prepares placement of plans.
- Prepares paid search and social media strategies and develops clear measurement plans based on client objectives.
- Works with agency clients to understand media goals, build media strategy, and justify media execution.
- Compiles proof of publication reports, and delivers media ROI reports to agency clients.
- Builds and maintains relationships with media vendor representatives.
- Discovers new media opportunities to develop strategic advertising and marketing plans and recommends to client when appropriate.
- Works with other agency department heads to keep projects moving forward on a timely basis.
- Participates in continuous professional development (e.g. certifications, workshops, additions to skill set).
- Reconciles billing on a monthly basis and maintains accurate records of client budgets
- Facebook Business Manager
- Stackadapt Campaign Manager
- LinkedIn Campaign Manager
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads
- Data Studio
- MailChimp (a plus, but not required)
Benefits include unlimited PTO, health insurance, disability and life insurance, competitive 401k match.
If you’re interested in joining the team at Quinlan and feel like you’d be a good fit, please tell us your story and why you’re the best candidate in 500 words or less. Please send this along with your resumé and professional recommendations.