FARM is looking for a highly motivated and talented sales professional to lead its new business development efforts. The role of the new business director will be to generate opportunities for the agency and will be primarily focused on executing the following breadth of work with prospecting efforts: initial research and identification; outbound outreach via phone, email, events, networking, etc., to attract interest in the agency; qualifying opportunities for subsequent stages in the sales process; nurturing leads; and working with the agency leadership team through the sales process to close new business.
The new business director will have the main responsibility of selling FARM, but also will focus on selling the offerings of its sibling research and business intelligence company, Pathfinder, when appropriate.
We are looking for someone who is motivated to win and that loves the thrill of the hunt. You must love a challenge and be excited about creating opportunity, willing to prepare exhaustively, and able to doggedly pursue prospects in an aggressive yet respectful manner.
Working with the collective FARM team to sell the value of our agency, you will guide prospects to ideas and marketing approaches that improve their business, and foster trust that our ideas and thinking will bring the results they seek.
As a FARM employee, you will thoroughly understand and connect deeply with who we are. You know what we do, our philosophy and approach, and the value we bring to our clients. You are firmly invested in growing the agency and understand we are selling an experience—something to get excited about—rather than simply a product.
Armed with the knowledge of our core offerings (growth, fresh perspective, strategic thinking, engaging content, measurable results, and meaningful partnerships), you are the ambassador of our expertise. This means your knowledge of the value we’re capable of bringing promotes accurate promises and ensures a consistent experience from sales to service.
• Supervise and implement all of the agency’s new business development activity
• Develop and aggressively execute a new business plan every year
• Focus primarily on targeted outbound outreach with a secondary focus on inbound new business efforts
• Collaborate with new business development specialist to help prepare creative materials and new business tools that can be used to engage and nurture prospects
• Manage and update contact management system (Pipedrive), which includes tracking any and all new business leads, contacts, opportunities, and account contact information
• Manage new business development specialist (and any other team members added)
• Support content and account teams in developing new business materials and tools
• Take part in continual training programs
• Oversee research and knowledge development (e.g., attend internal/external training, read marketing books/articles, route periodicals, interact with client teams, etc.)
• Research potential accounts, identify key players, and generate interest through active targeted outreach across all agency industries and markets
• Build and maintain top-tier new business prospect lists for each primary and secondary industry we specialize in
• Conduct thorough qualification work and understand prospect challenges/opportunities
• Participate in responding to RFIs and RFPs
• Source new sales opportunities through outbound cold calls/emails, inbound use of data, networking, marketing opportunities, industry events, and social platforms
• Maintain and actively manage all lead-nurturing efforts through the sales funnel
• Add value throughout the entire sales process from start to finish (e.g., secure meetings/opportunities, lead proposals and presentation development, and close new business)
• Provide input and support with agency marketing, social media strategy, and content development
• Maintain new and existing relationships network through LinkedIn and other social networking sites
• Research industry trends and keep up with current events to recognize opportunities for our clients and prospects
• Provide ongoing reporting to key stakeholders
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 5+ years of demonstrated success in a sales or business development position
• Experience selling professional services or a solution-based offering, most preferably in marketing services (consulting, full-service agency, digital agency, research organization, marketing services, or marketing technology)
• General understanding of advertising, branding, marketing communications, and/or research at a base level
• Experience in any of the following industries is a plus: automotive, financial services, insurance, or retail
• Existing portfolio of relationships and proven ability to build such relationships; a healthy contact list/professional network in any of the above industries is a plus
• Entrepreneurial mindset and self-starter, who can quickly learn about FARM and successfully represent the agency in an eloquent way
• Strong presentation, communication, and writing skills are required
• Attention to detail with strong organizational, interpersonal, and management skills
• Detailed, in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Position will involve necessary travel (overnight stays may be required) and flexible hours to meet the needs/demands of each project
• Does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, martial status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Since 1986, FARM has been helping local and national clients grow their business, going beyond traditional advertising disciplines such as direct mail, print, and broadcast communications to cultivate true strategic partnerships through research, planning, and ideation. Our clients include retail grocers, financial institutions, insurance companies, and automotive SAAS companies, and energy providers among others. FARM offers a competitive salary and benefits in a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere where we all work hard and have FUN in a culture of many perks such as casual dress and many special events!