The Sales and Marketing Specialist is responsible for the development and execution of sales activities that bring lead generation results back into the sales team. This resource will lead the coordination of multiple projects aimed at identifying new opportunities and furthering the sales stage for existing opportunities. This role is responsible to ensure the needs of the sales team are met by facilitating and managing the collaboration and actions between Broadleaf Sales and Aleron Marketing and Communications resources.
A high-level overview of the types of projects this role will engage in includes, but is not limited to: RFx response support; sales presentation support and PowerPoint development; client and prospect research; external marketing content and communication for the company’s public websites, digital advertising campaigns, landing pages, social media communities, and public relations; administration and maintenance of company’s CRM; inbound and outbound sales lead generation activities as determined; and assistance with trade show strategy, planning, delivery, and participation.
Essential Duties (not necessarily in order of importance):
- Develop targeted sales prospect lists, including contacts. Generate campaigns through digital and manual efforts to reach prospects with a goal of establishing meetings for the sales team. Load data into CRM and follow-up to ensure lead is pursued appropriately;
- Learn and master CRM functionality and act as SME/administrator for sales team;
- Provide CRM reporting as requested, including analysis of data to determine where sales success or failure is occurring;
- Research target accounts and identify business needs that translate to Broadleaf solutions;
- Assist with proposal and presentation content and planning coordination and execution;
- Identify contacts at target accounts. Work with Marketing/Communications to build email and marketing campaigns to attract their attention;
- Setup introductory call/meetings with targeted contacts;
- Track and support CRM, feed leads to sales team, and coordinate regular reporting;
- Make outbound preliminary sales calls to aid in building sales appointments;
- Coordinate and/or conduct pre- and post-event outreach calls with sales teams;
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure all projects and campaigns are on track per schedule and assist as needed;
- Stay abreast of industry trends and assist with social media efforts;
- Assist with vendor registrations when needed;
- Comply with all ISO policies and procedures;
- Submit periodic reports to management as requested;
- Responsible for various other duties as directed by the Company.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or 2 years of industry related sales and/or marketing experience;
- 2 years of experience working with a customer relationship management software (CRM), preferably Microsoft Dynamics;
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with ability to articulate ideas persuasively;
- Experience working with: new media and web/digital-based technologies; social media tools; current and emerging social media channels (including blogs, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.);
- Strong abilities to work both independently and within a team environment;
- Must have ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities;
- Must have a willingness to experiment, an ability to deal with uncertainty, perseverance, sense of humor, persuasiveness, and strong listening skills;
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills. Ability to get multiple resources working together to ensure successful delivery of projects and tasks.
- Ability to execute a sales plan through teamwork with a field sales counterpart
- Field inbound calls, emails, and Web inquiries
- Ability to demonstrate a successful history of heavy outbound call activity
- Proven ability to proactively and quickly learn new technologies
- Must be able to demonstrate a track record of success and strong lead qualification skills
- Expected to be an enthusiastic, outgoing, driven and motivated individual who can work as part of a cross functional team. A “hunter,” “doer” mentality is necessary
- Perform all job responsibilities with total integrity and accountability
- Strong skills in MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet based technologies
- Professional appearance
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks without compromising service or quality
- Able to work in teams effectively
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ethical, fair, and professional conduct in all candidate, client, and peer interactions
- Flexible, accountable and a team player
- Available to work overtime
- Energetic and able to work well in a fast paced environment
- Upon offer of employment, candidate will be subject to a pre-employment screening process.
Since 1965, Broadleaf has been honing its expertise in optimized talent engagement and management. First delivering managed services programs for contract and direct employees in the early 1990s, Broadleaf today delivers agile management solutions that produce reliable, sustainable results across wide-ranging worker types, adding independent contractors, SOW vendors, and recruitment process outsourcing. You’ll find that Broadleaf employees are collaborative, service-oriented, and resolute in their commitments to help make our clients’ successful organizations even better.