*New hires must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus by the date of hire, unless granted an accommodation for a qualified medical or religious vaccine exemption.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We're excited about the potential people bring to our organization. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The UX Researcher will lead digital product innovation in an ambiguous space, building a deep understanding of users' problems and turning user research into insights to inform the development of new and existing initiatives and features. They will be a trusted partner that works with cross-functional teams (e.g., Digital Experience, Marketing, and IT) to shape and execute research plans based on business needs and growth/innovation initiatives.
The UX Researcher will be responsible to inform and inspire our product and design teams with a true understanding of our end users, ensuring we can develop experiences that are natural, useful, and delightful through quantitative and qualitative research and analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree required. An additional four (4) years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Four (4) years of experience with user research, qualitative exploratory research, or identifying people's problems and needs to inform the development of new or existing initiatives including experience in quantitative research required.
- Experience working with analytics platforms (e.g., Google Analytic and Adobe Analytics) required.
- An understanding of industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, Principle, Flinto etc.) preferred.
- Experience in the healthcare industry or other highly regulated industries preferred.
- Experience working across desktop and mobile web, with mobile apps preferred.
- Experience with user research supporting accessibility preferred.
- Experience commanding a broad set of qualitative and user-centered design research methods (e.g., usability testing, client interviews, surveys) preferred.
- Experience performing optimization testing via Adobe Target to complete A/B testing preferred.
- Proficient in communicating user research findings and prioritizing recommendations to drive decision-making and digital product development direction.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to distill results into digestible presentations
- Ability to facilitate group meetings and workshops.
- Ability to design research in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, working in an agile environment with lean UX principles.
- Experience using design thinking approaches in product design and research.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across multiple business areas and build strong relationships.
- Proven examples of displaying the IH values: Passion, Caring, Trustworthy, Collaborative, Respectful and Accountable.
- Deliver compelling insights to help drive evidence-based product and design decisions.
- Foster and grow UX research and fact driven design culture.
- Help guide stakeholder discussions with the appropriate UXR methods to achieve business and design goals.
- Proactively identify, prioritize, plan, and execute high-impact research studies.
- Identify experimental assumptions that can be evaluated with qualitative research.
- Formulate a research agenda and lead end-to-end research initiatives that help teams uncover actionable insights.
- Collect and analyze user behavior by designing and conducting user interviews, usability tests, and analyzing interaction logs.
- Create succinct and digestible outcomes, while empowering partners and stakeholders with strong evidence and confidence to make informed decisions.
- Experiment with innovative and compelling ways to shed new light on customer experiences to help inform strategic decision-making for our business.
- Spearhead the planning and conducting of consumer research at every stage of the product’s lifecycle; from validating the idea, early concepts, UX prototype validations, all the way to usability tests on the final product.
- Define, plan, and conduct exploratory user research.
- Collaborate with designers, product, tech, and business.
- Contribute to the wider Insights community at Independent Health.
- Run moderated and unmoderated concept testing and prototype evaluation, design sprints and other workshops, surveys, A/B testing, etc.
- Shape the methods and processes that lead to sound decision-making and be able to balance quality and time.
- Uncover and generate actionable insights that inform designers and product owners on how to shape the products.
- Facilitate research debriefs, brainstorming exercises, and/or other workshops that utilize design thinking approaches to fuel ideation and evaluate product design.
- Assist with prioritizing research projects by collaborating with Market Research and other Analytics and Insights teams.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and other stakeholders to convert research insights into testable hypotheses.
- Work cross-functionally with software development, design, product, content strategy, and marketing.
- Provide counsel to product teams on the appropriate research strategy needed to answer critical questions.
- Provide thought leadership to be shared with direct team members, extended team members, and key stakeholders across the organization.
- Build and maintain strong partnership with Market Intelligence team to leverage existing research, stay aligned across scheduled research efforts, and inform the company’s overall understanding of user needs and expectations.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Independent Health and its affiliates will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. Click here for additional EEO/AAP or Reasonable Accommodation information.